Did you wreck your car and did your insurance company treat you Unfairly?
We believe that consumers have been cheated out of thousands of dollars by car insurance companies. Consumers have reported to Normand PLLC that after a total loss car wreck and submission of a claim for the full value of their vehicle, insurance companies underpaid the claims. To make matters worse, Normand PLLC has learned that some auto insurance companies breach the terms of their policies and violate various state laws by failing to include sales tax, tag or plate fees, and title fees as part of actual cash value paid to settle total loss claims.
Normand PLLC has filed class action lawsuits alleging that insurance companies deliberately breach the terms of their policies and violate various state laws by devaluing the condition of vehicles and failing to include sales tax, license plate fees, and title fees as part of actual cash value paid to settle total loss claims. These practices reduce the claim payments to consumers by hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Specifically, the lawsuits accuse Allstate, First National, and GEICO of underpaying consumers by failing to pay sales tax, title fees, license fees, and manipulating the data used to value the cars. The three auto insurance companies violated state laws regulating the handling of these claims and making it even tougher for insureds whose cars were destroyed. Among other things, the lawsuits allege the insurance companies employ what they call “condition adjustments” to reduce the value of comparable vehicles without itemizing or explaining the basis for the adjustment as required by state law. The blanket and arbitrary condition adjustments imposed on the Plaintiffs in each of the three cases resulted in an average underpayment of $821 and the failure to pay sales tax, title, and license plate transfer fees in the GEICO case resulted in an underpayment of $1,274.
If you wrecked your car and your insurance company covered the total loss, you may have been underpaid by thousands.
Normand PLLC believes consumers deserve repayment. Insurance companies took advantage of customers by knowingly paying less than fair value for totaled vehicles. We will fight to reclaim consumer losses against insurance companies for the full accurate value of totaled vehicles. Normand PLLC’s legal team is interested in hearing about your total loss car insurance complaints.
WHICH INSURANCE COMPANIES?
Normand PLLC is investigating claims against all auto insurance providers including:
- State Farm
- Geico (Berkshire Hathaway)
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Auto Club Exchange
- CSAA Insurance Exchange
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- Auto Club Insurance Association
NO COST TO YOU
There is no cost or fee at all if you want to join this action. In the event Normand PLLC or any other firm obtains a settlement that provides benefits to class members, the court will decide a reasonable fee to be awarded to the legal team for the class.
CLASS ACTION TOTAL LOSS CASES NORMAND PLLC WON AS LEAD COUNSEL
- Roth v. Geico, et al., Case No.16-62942-civ-Dimitrouleas, Southern District of Florida: (consolidated with Joffe, et al. v. Geico, et al.,) – Settlement recovering over $79 million in benefits to the class.
- Jones v. GEICO, et al., CASE NO.: 6:17-cv-891-ORL- 40KRS, Middle District of Florida (consolidated with Lorenti, Barrett v. Geico Indemnity Company) – Class settlement of approximately $61.9 million.
- Avila-Preciado v. Horace Mann Property & Casualty Insurance Co., Case No. 19-CA-004683, Circuit Court, Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Lee County, Florida – Settlement for 100% of class damages claimed.
- Bracero v. Mendota Insurance Company, Case No. 2019-015886-CA-01, Circuit Court, Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Miami-Dade County, Florida – Class settlement exceeding $790,000.
- Giordani et al. v. Ascendant Commercial Insurance, Inc., Case No. 2018-CA-001024-O, Circuit Court, Ninth Judicial Circuit, Orange County, Florida – Settlement for 100% of class damages claimed.
- Junior et al. v. Infinity Auto Insurance Company, Case No. 6:18-cv-01598-WWB-EJK, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division – Class settlement approximately $22.79 Million.
- Silva v. James River Insurance Company, Case No. 50-2019-CA-016151-XXXX-MB, Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, Palm Beach County, Florida – Settlement for 100% of class damages claimed.
- Smart et al. v. Auto Club Insurance Co et al., Case No. 19-CA-005580, Circuit Court, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County, Florida – Settlement for 100% of class damages totaling over $633,000.
- Sos v. State Farm Automobile Insurance Company, Case No. 6:17-cv-00890-PGB-LRH, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division – Total recovery over $8,500,000.
- Suarez v. MAPFRE Insurance Co. of Florida, Case No. 2019-020729-CA-01, Circuit Court, Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Miami-Dade County, Florida – Settlement exceeding $600,000.
Give us a call for a free consultation.