Founder Edmund Normand
Edmund A. Normand (“Ed”) is the founding partner of Normand PLLC. With more than 30 years of experience specializing in complex class actions, product liability, and complex litigation. Ed represents consumers across the United States and throughout the world in consumer class action cases involving insurance disputes, contractual disputes, and privacy violations.
Primary Focus & Experience
One of Ed’s greatest attributes is his rare combination of a keen legal mind and street smarts. He grew up poor with a single Mom in a neighborhood called Rogue City. He worked his way out; his first job was as a dishwasher using his older brother’s I.D. because he was too young to legally work. He has been financially independent since age 15 working his way through college and law school. He passed the CPA exam with flying colors at age 21. He graduated with high honors from the University of Texas School of Law where he was named to the Order of the Coif and served as Clerk of the Chancellors, the highest Academic Honorary Group at the University limited to the 8 highest GPA’s. He is also a member of MENSA (limited to the top 2% of I.Q,’s in the world) and was honored for his high score on the Florida Bar Exam. He remembers his roots.
Before Normand PLLC, Ed gained early experience in general tort and medical malpractice cases working under the supervision of the late Al Cone, co-founder of the Florida Justice Association and one of the foundational trial attorneys in the history of Florida civil trial law. Ed was a partner at at Wooten, Kimbrough and Normand—a law firm with a long history of trial excellence in Orlando, Florida—where he worked for 23 years.
In 2014, Ed created Normand PLLC to concentrate his practice in complex litigation, primarily consumer class actions. He likes to look at Normand PLLC as the Robin Hood of law firms sharing Robin Hood’s fervor to right wrongs and give back to the people that which is unjustly taken or owed to them by the powerful. For the past seven years, Ed has won multi-million dollar recoveries from large corporations who have violated the rights of consumers. He has gone to battle against some of the largest corporations in the world and has litigated extensively in both U.S. and international claims. By way of example, in just the last two years Ed was lead counsel in cases securing over 100 million dollars in insurance benefits for consumer shorted payments on total loss vehicles in Florida and across the United States. Ed has not only secured money for past benefits due he has also forced some of the biggest insurance companies in the world to change their business practices. Ed and his team at Normand PLLC derive great pleasure from correcting the wrongdoings of those corporations who mistreat consumers: doing his part to make the world a better and safer place.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Best Law Firms
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- Florida’s Legal Elite
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Association for Justice (1995 – Present)(Treasurer of Class Action Litigation Group).
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section (1991 – Present)
- American Mensa
- American Board of Trial Advocates (2010 – 2013)
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association (2008 – Present) (Director and Past President),
- Orange County Bar Association (1996 – Present)
- Florida Justice Association (1990 – Present) (Co-Chair of Consumer Data and Privacy Committee).
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Ed is a frequent speaker and commentator on civil lawsuits including: product liability, insurance disputes and class actions. Ed has attended and spoken on various panels convened by the American Association for Justice and the Florida Justice Association. His recent articles and speaking engagements include:
- Insurance Class Actions AAJ Leaders Forum.
- Panelist, “Hidden Dangers of Theme Park Rides,” The Nation’s Safety Magazine (2010)
- “More transparency from theme park for accidents on their property,” Fox News (2009)
- “Personal Injury Cases: Calculating and Proving Damages,” National Business Institute (2007)
- “Settlement Methods and Proposals,” (2004).
- “Hearsay Evidence and Objections at Trial,” How to Successfully Make and Manage Objections at Trial in Florida (2000)
- “Expert Witnesses in Premises Liability Cases,” Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Florida (1999)
- “Assessment and Evaluation of The Medical Malpractice Case (Plaintiff’s Perspective),” Successful Medical Malpractice Suits and Defense.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. (1990)
- University of Florida, B.S. (1986)
- Florida Bar Association.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit